Thursday, July 27, 2006

This comment was posted in response the the Branbury post below. I thought I would make it an actual post in the likelihood that more people will read it now and be aware of other underhanded actions of Branbury Management.

"I'd say that's par for the course. Branbury is notorious for that type of tenant relations. Aside from being a social blackhole (I'm single), I never received my security deposit either. Granted, it's hard for me to validate my apartment cleaning abilities, but I'm famously paranoid about not passing inspections. In spite of this seemingly unreasonable concern (as well as the 4 or so hours I spent cleaning), I didn't pass inspection.

Interestingly, at the time, the lady doing the inspections was also the representative of the cleaning company (or maybe she was employed by Branbury's property management to do the cleaing, I don't know). hmmm? Regardless, I had a hard time believing her considering the obvious conflict of interest, but when I pressed her she assured me that she was, in fact, in charge of cleaing the failed inspections. I asked her how she possibly could do her inspections with any shred of detached personal interest (or integrity, as it turns out), and her reponse was, simply,"Do you really think that I don't have better things to do with my time?" Well, yes, considering it's your LIVELIHOOD!! I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, they were going to deduct the cleaing fee from my deposit refund which left me waiting for just a crummy $25, but I wanted it anyway 'cause it was mine. A handful of weeks passed and when I called to inquire as to when the checks would be sent I was told they had already been sent. hmmm, well then why hadn't I received mine? They didn't know, they told me, but they said they could issue another check for me, however, I would be responsible for the $20 cancelled check fee if I wanted them to do that! Well sure!!! Just go ahead and make the $5 check out to my favorite charity: Branbury apartments. Or better yet, send it to me in pennies! Long story short, I'm the sucker for signing the contract, I guess. Don't make the same mistake."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BYU Blogs
Previous | Join | List | Random | Next