Friday, July 21, 2006

Not Illegal, But Just Not Nice!

Since we had rented for longer than a year we were on a month to month contract. If we wanted to leave we had to tell them at the first of the month. Since we didn't know we were leaving until the 5th of June, we were roped into paying $525 for all of July, even though we left June 22. Lame, but oh well.

So, I listed our contract up on the BYU website, and in the notes wrote that we would split July rent. i got a TON of calls. Some people were interested in renting immediately, some wanted it for August. I told them that we were trying to sell it for half of July so we could get something out of it. Many of them said they liked the place and would be willing to pay half of July to secure it. Anyway, I tried calling the guy from TPM that manages married housing like 5 million times, but of course he's never there. I wanted to tell him that a lot of people were willing to pay half of July rent even though they didn't want the apartment until August.

I noticed early this week that our apartment was no longer on their website. I called Paul three times, left messages, and he never returned my phone call. Finally I got a hold of him this morning. He said that last week they were getting nervous that it wouldn't sell, so they went ahead and rented it to someone starting August 1....equals no reimbursement check for us. As a stay at home mom with a husband who has a entry level job, we could have really used that check.

**What TPM did here was not illegal. However, it still does not stop me from suggesting you rent somewhere else with people that are easy to work with, take the customer's needs into consideration, and return customer's phone calls!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently renting from TPM and I can say I haven't had the best experience. I chose TPM because my friend was a landlord there and I had gone on some inspections with her to her apts and everyone seemed to be happy and she's a very likeable person. My landlord at this time is Paul and I can tell you my experience here has been nothing short of a disaster. I have a rather large mexican "family" living below me who like to play their music from dawn one day to dawn the next. After reporting this to Paul on several occasions and never receiving a callback I finally had to take things into my own hands and call the police. I have children and work as well, it's somewhat hard to try to go to bed at 11 on a weeknight and still be hearing festive mexican music playing until 3am. Another issue...now there's graffiti all over the fence that surrounds the yard. Not to mention, I can't even allow my daughter to play in the yard during the summer due to all the empty beer cans that my neighbors so thoughtfully litter the grass with and don't pick up for days. Another of my many greivances...during the summer they have a mattress they lay on the grass and let their drunk friends sleep on all night. I reported this to Paul only to waste my daytime cell minutes as nothing was done about the situation. Lastly, (for this vent anyway)since we moved in we have had issues with our locks. The deadbolt gets stuck halfway when you are trying to unlock it from the outside so the door won't open and the doorknob has to be at the perfect position to be able to lock it. All in all, I can't wait to get out of here and find somewhere that works for my kids and my family.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BYU Blogs
Previous | Join | List | Random | Next